Thursday, October 20, 2016

Peek-a-boo Teeth & Our Favorite Teethers

I've been suspecting for a few weeks now that Coops is on the teething path. Drool pours out in buckets, he puts everything he can get his chubby hands on in his mouth & you can feel those first little teeth hiding just under the gums.

Every time something big, small or even those daily good morning smiles happens I pray for time to slow down so we can live in the moments a little longer.  Of course it doesn't & I always end up with tears in my eyes over Cooper growing up so fast or in this case- teething already.

A few favorite things to chew on right now include THIS wooden teether (crafted by mama, inspired by Coops), THIS water filled ring & THIS O'Ball Rattle which doubles as a great toy for grasping.

We were told to start cereal & foods (first greens, then oranges, then fruits) by the 6 month checkup; so I'm getting ready with baby cereal in the pantry & organic frozen peas in the freezer. Making our own baby food crossed my mind a few times but I was undecided until a wonderful friend gifted us the Baby Bullet with THIS cookbook & I was sold. The idea of cooking food for Coops when making our own meals feels right & the money it will save is a HUGE bonus.

We picked Thanksgiving day as the first time he'll try solids & I couldn't be more excited to pop him in the high chair for the first time.  I'm also sure the dogs Will be equally excited once they realize just how much of a mess will be made during mealtime from then on.


How did you help baby survive teething? We'd love tips & suggestions for the months to come.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!