Saturday, November 5, 2016

Crazy Thursday

I feel like you couldn't make this story up if you tried.

Coops & I started out the day by heading to Target (their buy two packs of diapers get a $10 gift card is a regular event in our family).  We pull in the parking lot & baby makes the teeniest pft, blowing out his pants, bodysuit & into the car seat. 

By the time I get him to a changing table he's got poop from neck to knee to (somehow) hand.  It takes every wipe in the diaper bag, fresh clothes & lining the car seat with burp clothes but we make it out into the store for those diapers & now wipes too. Ironic right?

We get home & I get ready to give Cooper a bath, plop him in the tub & no more than 10 seconds later he smiles at me. But it's no ordinary smile- it's that super cute I'm going to poop any second smile. Before I even have a chance to stand up he blows out for the SECOND time & FILLS the tub.

I wait a few seconds to make sure he's finished. I mean the damage is done, right?  Then I pick baby up, get him over the edge of the tub whereupon he goes for the THIRD TIME on the bathmat, floor & vanity as I frantically try to get him wrapped in a towel. 

After Coops is securely bundled in terry cloth I whisk him off to his room, wipe him from head to toe with baby wipes & put on a fresh diaper. A moment later I have the monitor in hand & am on my way to pop baby in his crib & start cleaning our disaster of a bathroom.

You'd wouldn't think it could get any worse- that this is the end, right?  Nope.

As I walk out of baby's room, & pass the bathroom to put Coops in his crib in our room I see our cat shaking off what looks like water. Turns out she thought the tub was empty... & jumped in.
So we now have a bathroom & cat covered in baby poop. A baby happily squealing with delight in his crib (the only cute part about all of this). And my jaw on the floor because I was at a loss for words.

Two hours later (& with a lot of help from mom who lives nearby- thank goodness) we have a clean bathroom, freshly bathed cat (have you ever tried to give a cat a bath?? that was interesting) & a baby back in the tub for round two.

The funny part about it all?  After the first few moments of panic I laughed so hard that I cried.  This is one of those stories that we'll remember forever & I didn't mind a single moment.  Though tackling a cat under the shower spray while she tries to claw your legs like a scratching post was a toughie. 

(p.s. This photo was NOT taken when all of this happened.)


I'd love to hear your crazy baby story- be it messy or funny or both!  We've all been there, & I know at least one other person had their cat jump in a poo filled tub ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. I know I have had moments like this, but can't think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were just no words for a moment there. No words. Then lots of laughter & tears!

      Delete