Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016 & a Tooth for Coops


I had no idea just how fun it is to have a baby during the holidays!  I swear I must have teared up a half dozen times on Thanksgiving over how happy & full of life our home felt with Cooper in it.

We started Thanksgiving with playtime, breakfast & parade watching; one of my favorite parts of the day & the final float with Santa gets me every time. 

We hosted Eric's family this year & I'll be honest- the idea of cooking, house prep, taking care of baby & breastfeeding every few hours was daunting. But hubs saved the day taking on a combination of house prep with baby while I cooked up a storm in between feedings.

Even though Thanksgiving is over I had to share a few of the recipes we used because they're perfect for Christmas & the chilly days to come.

for Dinner

& for the Leftovers

Then lone & behold I noticed something wonderful after dinner- the sweetest little tooth popped up on the bottom left of Coop's mouth!  I've had a hunch we were getting close to cutting teeth but no idea just how close.


Then Sunday tooth #2 made an appearance right beside the first. That's right. Two teeth. One weekend.

Baby's reaction to cutting teeth wasn't what I expected. With the first he'd been up to feed every 90 minutes or so for almost a week (Zzzzzz), but with the second he seemed to have a harder time & had a full day of fussy periods.  What helped the most was cradling, feeding, THIS teether chilled in the fridge & Oragel.  We also had no desire for solid foods for a couple days. 

Then by nighttime Sunday there it was.

Of course I tried to get photos of the shiny new teeth but our little nugget keeps sticking his tongue out in protest.  I'll keep trying but in the meantime we did get one with his milestone card (& caught up with the solid food card too, which he proceeded to show off his eating skills with).
<3




I'd love to hear what we should expect next with teething, or if there are any teethers that you've found to work wonders during the fussy times?

1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie! It sounds like you know what you're doing, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete